Welcome to my new blog!


Flafineart Blog focuses on the visual arts in Florida with a little

architecture and food along the way. “Truth, Beauty, and Some Stories

to Tell” is how I would describe it.


My name is Glenn Lochrie and I live in sunny South Florida.  I'm an

award winning art dealer, art appraiser and judge of art competitions

with 15 years experience.  My love for art has taken me to beautiful

far away places but it’s my home, Florida, which keeps me excited.


Florida is new in so many ways.  The rest of the world has just begun

to take notice of the art being produced and sold here.  Although

artists have been here for a long time, Florida’s art scene has been

hard to categorize.  Our state has a diverse population and is divided

into different regions each with a different aesthetic.  Maybe that is

to Florida’s benefit.  We have not just one art movement but many

happening independently of each other reflecting the many different

cultural communities that have made a home here in “The Sunshine

State”.


My travels around to galleries, museums, public spaces, and artist

studios are sublime experiences that I would like to share on this

blog.  From the ceramics being created in the tiny town of Havana

Florida right outside Tallahassee to the watercolors completed on the

streets of Duval in Key West.  From the high-end galleries in Naples

selling blue chip artists to the traditional wildlife plein air

painters of Winter Haven.  From the world class bronze foundry in

Tampa to an impressive glass gallery in New Smyrna Beach.  From the

internationally important art scene in Miami’s Wynwood District to an

outdoor Highwaymen festival a local’s favorite in Fort Pierce.  The

work being created here by Floridians and the work being displayed by

Florida’s galleries and museums is of world-class caliber.  A short

trip to anywhere in this State will result in a profound artistic

experience that I hope more will begin to seek out.


I will not only be pointing out and promoting artists to see

throughout Florida but will occasionally showcase the great

architecture I find and even help promote a tasty neighborhood

restaurant or two.  I will be eliciting the help from my beautiful

wife Christine as she is a talented architect and shares my passion

for art, architecture and everything related to Florida.  I will try

to keep updated on all the new museum and gallery exhibitions

occurring in Florida and post pictures of what I attend.  I also want

to highlight a different subject every week; photo spreads of artist

portfolios with interviews, museum reviews plus links to any

significant news articles about fine art and photos from Florida’s

exceptional architectural finds.


The plan is not to come at this as an art critic but more as a fan,

although I realize that by my selections I will be revealing part of

my aesthetic and bias.  This blog is a work in process as all blogs

should be.  My hope is that some of my enthusiasm for the arts will

rub off and get you, the reader, to go out and support your local

artist.  I encourage feedback; if you have a favorite artist or museum

or even restaurant we should get to know tell us about it and I’ll

help shamelessly plug them.

Blog Archive

Preview on Feedage: studio-art-gallery Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki