The painting above is by Norman Rockwell. The title is "Freedom from Want" and was first published in the March 6, 1943 addition of The Saturday Evening Post. Mr. Rockwell was inspired by FDR's State of the Union speech in 1941. Freedom from Want was one in a series of four illustrations done to drum up support for the war. The other three illustrations are; Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Belief and Freedom from Fear. Mr. Rockwell knew that this depiction of American life was not the average shared experience for most Americans but he worked from a place that, as he put it, "I paint life as I would like it to be." GL
Norman Rockwell website
- ► 2011 (309)
- Art Basel: There's an App for That -- posted by Fl...
- Erotic digital art. Saarl.
- Erotic drawing. Jainai Jeffries.
- Erotic painting. Ignacio Goitia.
- Erotic photo-art. Bruce Weber. 3
- Erotic photo-art. Bruce Weber. 2
- Glenn's Guide to Art Basel 2010 -- by Florida Fine...
- Happy Thanksgiving! -- by Florida Fine Art Blog
- Airport Art Galleries -- by Florida Fine Art Blog
- Art Around the Web -- Thanksgiving and Pilgrim Pai...
- "Small Stuff" at Bear and Bird in Lauderhill -- po...
- Bruce Weber: Haiti / Little Haiti at MOCA -- poste...
- New American Paintings -- Southern Juried Competit...
- key words
- Erotic body-painting. David Gilmore.
- Erotic drawing. Gann Penn.
- OPIE John Winter's Tale Act II Scene III 1793
- ANTONELLO da Messina Madonna with Child about 1460...
- "Video of the Week" -- Jen Stark -- by Florida Fi...
- Art-works by Silencio.
- Erotic photo-art. GLiMPSe visual.
- Erotic painting. Earle Jay Goodman.
- VASNETSOV Viktor Central Panel from the Threshold ...
- VASNETSOV Viktor A Knight at the Crossroads 1882
- Erotic drawing. Earle Jay Goodman.
- Erotic photo-art. Enrique Toribio.
- Art-works by John Woodrow Kelley.
- ▼ November (29)