MOCA Jacksonville chooses Monterey Museum of Art chief curator as its new director.
Marcelle Polednik, chief curator of the Monterey Museum of Art in Monterey, Calif., has been hired as the new director of the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville. Polednik, 33, begins her new job Feb. 21.
She replaces Deborah Broder, who resigned in September to take a position with the Baltimore Symphony.
Her goals for MOCA Jacksonville are to expand the relationship with UNF, attract ambitious exhibits, build the permanent collection and bring financial stability to the museum. Eventually, she said, "... MOCA Jacksonville will undoubtedly emerge as a singular and significant member of the regional and national arts community."
The MOCA in Jacksonville has had some serious financial trouble in the past. I think the pick of such a young new director along with the partnership to the University is going to be interesting to watch. The museum should be a vital part of Jacksonville and the downtown revitalization that is taking place. GL
The Florida-Times Union Article about the New Director
- GALLEN-Kallela, Akseli Rustic Life, 1867
- WIIK Maria Girl Carding, 1883
- CHURBERG Fanny In the Forest, 1878
- EDELFELT Albert Louis Pasteur 1885
- Mark Ryden -- Happy Birthday -- by Florida Fine Ar...
- "All Locals" Show Opening at Bear and Bird -- Satu...
- Call to Artists -- All-Media Juried Biennial 2011 ...
- art company scotland
- John Singer Sargent -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- by Florid...
- Salvador Dalí Museum Grand Opening -- posted by Fl...
- University of Miami's Beaux Arts Festival This Wee...
- Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville picks new ...
- Museum in Winter Park to showcase Tiffany glass wo...
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2010 (388)