The 60th Annual Beaux Arts' Festival of Art will take place January 8th and 9th, 2011 on the grounds of University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. The festival is open each day from 10 AM to 5 PM.
I have grown tired of most outdoor art festivals that take place in South Florida. The crowds and the exhibitors, quite frankly, are not interested in art anymore. Most of the time the crowds are just out to walk their dogs and be "seen" and the exhibitors have become more about crafts and home wares then real art. What makes this event stand out from the other outdoor art festivals is the quality of work. The show is juried and the prize money is significant enough to attract the highly skilled artist. Another bonus to this show along with it being free to the public is that the Lowe Museum itself is open and free.
This year's event of the region's oldest juried fine art show boasts over 240 artists from 30 states, Canada, and Israel and working in 10 distinct mediums. GL
Beaux Arts Festival website
- GALLEN-Kallela, Akseli Rustic Life, 1867
- WIIK Maria Girl Carding, 1883
- CHURBERG Fanny In the Forest, 1878
- EDELFELT Albert Louis Pasteur 1885
- Mark Ryden -- Happy Birthday -- by Florida Fine Ar...
- "All Locals" Show Opening at Bear and Bird -- Satu...
- Call to Artists -- All-Media Juried Biennial 2011 ...
- art company scotland
- John Singer Sargent -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- by Florid...
- Salvador Dalí Museum Grand Opening -- posted by Fl...
- University of Miami's Beaux Arts Festival This Wee...
- Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville picks new ...
- Museum in Winter Park to showcase Tiffany glass wo...
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2010 (388)