PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCUS JANSEN ART BASEL MIAMI BEACH
The Art Basel Miami Beach 2011 festivities will open on November 29th with SCOPE Art Fair, showing the best emerging cutting-edge artist’s on the international contemporary art scene.
SCOPE is the largest and most global art fair in the world featuring emerging contemporary art with 7 markets worldwide. It is our goal and passion to present the most innovative galleries, artists and curators while networking them with our Patrons through a unique program of solo and thematic group shows presented alongside museum-quality exhibitions, collector tours, screenings, and special events.
Among them is internationally acclaimed painter Marcus Jansen who had his solo show at Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center in downtown Fort Myers in May this year drawing over four thousand visitors to his reception. Jansen was also recently selected one out of only 18 selected painters internationally for this generations ABOLUT VODKA campaign like in the past Andy Warhol, Damien Hirst and Keith Haring.
The New York Times describes Jansen’s work, "surrealistic asphalt jungles." Jansen’s new three dimensional installation works will be represented by 101 Exhibit at SCOPE. Jansen will have work at the Fair as well as at 101 Exhibit Gallery located at 101 NE 40th St, Miami, FL 33137. Jansen is considered by many scholars and historians as one of the most exciting painters in America today.
Art critic and historian Donald Miller thinks Jansen’s paintings “have longevity” because “there isn’t anyone doing what he’s doing … [His paintings] have their own niche. They’re totally unique …. I have a roladex in my mind of all the paintings throughout history … and I’ve never seen anything like [Jansen's work].”
Jansen's work can be found in Who's Who in American Art and in Museum collections such as the
The Moscow Museum of Modern Art, (MMOMA), Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, The National Taiwan Museum of Fine Art, The New Britain Museum of American Art and the Smithsonian Institution.
My interview with Marcus here.
For more information please contact: (239)826.6376
Scope is located at: SCOPE Pavilion | Wynwood Arts District | NE 1st Ave (Midtown Blvd) @ NE 30th StMiami, FL 33127.
- Day 49: From Rome to Feudalism Comic Strip (10/31/...
- Day 48: Serfs and Peasants (10/28/2011)
- "Video of the Week" Marcus Jansen's upcoming show ...
- Day 47: The Beginning of Feudalism (10/27/2011)
- Day 46: Geography of Western Europe (10/26/11)
- Day 44: G.R.A.P.E.S. in History (10/25/11)
- Exit Ticket Day 44 for G.R.A.P.E.S.
- Day 43: Publishing your Work (10/21/2011)
- Day 42: The Long Decline (10/20/2011)
- Day 41: Spread of the Plague (10/19/2011)
- Day 40: The Black Death (10/18/2011)
- Day 39: Interactive Timelines (10/17/2011)
- Benchmark 1 Exam
- Day 38: Showin' what we know (10/14/2011)
- Day 37: Day before the Benchmark! (10/12/11)
- Day 36: Twitter in the Classroom (10/12/2011)
- Day 35: The Eastern Orthodox Church (10/11/11)
- Day 34: Marking up the Byzantine Text (10/7/2011)...
- Quiz Make-up
- Day 33: Summarizing the Fall of Rome and the Rise ...
- Day 32: Justinian and Theodora (10/5/2011)
- Day 31: Introduction to the Byzantine Empire
- Work Alert!
- ▼ October (23)
- ► 2010 (388)